The Foundation of the Federal Bar Association Public Service Scholarship, established by the Foundation of the Federal Bar Association, seeks to provide $5,000 as assistance to a graduating high school senior planning to attend a four year college or university. At least one of the parents (or guardians) of the student must be a current federal government attorney or federal judge and a member of the Federal Bar Association. If you have children that meet these criteria, we eagerly encourage them to apply for this scholarship.
The Foundation of the Federal Bar Association, chartered by an Act of Congress in 1954, serves the federal legal community through its efforts to advance the science of jurisprudence; promotes and improves the administration of justice; and facilitates knowledge and understanding of the law.
The scholarship is funded by the Earl W. Kintner Memorial Fund. Earl W. Kintner was a distinguished member of the Federal Bar Association and two-time national president. His professional and civic leadership and dedication serve as a model to any aspiring academic.
Should you have any questions about the foundation or the Public Service Scholarship, please do not hesitate to contact the Foundation of the Federal Bar Association at (571) 481-9100 or via email at email@example.com.
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior planning to attend a four year college or university.
- At least one of the applicant’s parents (or guardians) must currently be a federal government attorney or federal judge and member of the Federal Bar Association.
|Applicants are Evaluated on the Following Criteria:
- Academic record
- Leadership recognition
- School and community activities and service
- Compelling essay response — both substance and written communication skills
- Completed Application
- Most recent transcripts — official copy
- Letter of acceptance from four year college, university or graduate/professional school (new enrollees only)
and related materials must be postmarked no later than April 30, 2014
and should be mailed to:
Foundation of the Federal Bar Association
1220 North Fillmore Street, Suite 444
Arlington, VA 22201