What is the FBA?
The FBA represents the Federal legal profession. We consist of more than 18,000 federal lawyers, including 1,500 federal judges, who work together to promote the sound administration of justice and integrity, quality and independence of the judiciary. The FBA also provides opportunities for scholarship and for judges and lawyers to professionally and socially interact.
Why is the FBA Relevant?
The FBA is relevant because it:
- monitors and often advocates on federal issues that impact the practice of federal lawyers and the courts
- keeps its members abreast of current federal issues
- provides opportunities for scholarship and education to the profession
- provides opportunities for judges and attorneys to professionally and socially interact
- promotes high standards of professional competence and ethical conduct